The following are links to some handy tools provided by Member Associations and others:
1. Link to Arizona AFAA "NAC Circuit Calculator"
2. Link to the MD-DC-VA AFAA "Responsibilities List". This was formed by consensus of all involved parties.
3. Link to Alarm Tech Solutions, LLC, Severn, MD "Fire Alarm Symbols for AutoCAD". This file has a ".dwg" extension, so you must have AutoCAD to open it.
4. Link to Michael Baker's (AFAA National Training Director) battery-set size calculator "BattCalc"
5. The AFAA and the Signaling, Protection and Communications Section of NEMA are proud to announce the availability of “Quality Informational Guide for Automatic Fire Detection and Alarm Systems” at no charge to all Authorities Having Jurisdiction. The information and guidance provided in this publication has been very effective in helping reduce unwanted alarms in numerous jurisdictions. It is available in quantities for distribution at state/regional meetings. Call AFAA at 678-454-FIRE (3473) for more information or email email@example.com. It is also available as an Adobe Acrobat PDF file. To download it, click on QualityGuide.pdf
6. To go to the Belden Conduit Capacity Chart click here
7. For an XL conduit fill calculator when you have variables click here
8. For an XL spread sheet to calculate door opening force click here